Do you have experience in public relations and communications? We’re hiring.
Communications and Outreach Assistant
This individual will report to the Senior Director of Communications and Outreach, and it is a part-time, contractor position.
Essential Qualities: Trustworthy and acts with integrity; professional; reliable; respectful; organized; excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong interpersonal skills; detail-oriented with the ability to see the big picture; strong organizational skills; impeccable time management and multi-tasking skills; ability to meet all deadlines; problem-solving and decision-making skills; self- motivated; self-sufficient; experience creating PR/media content and assets
- Assist with communications, outreach, and engagement
- Support the organization’s mission, programs, and operations
- Inform, develop, and implement communication campaigns and strategies for the client.
- Develop, write, edit, and produce written content that can be used for press and media outreach, digital content, and partner and supporter outreach and communications.
- Research, identify, and develop opportunities for placements of opinion editorials and letters to the editor.
- Research, identify, and develop opportunities for media interviews and speaking engagements for the CEO.
- Cultivate relationships with members of the press and pitch press releases, media advisories, editorials, stories, and related material to members of the media.
- Assist with communications and outreach administrative tasks.
- Treat internal information as confidential and interact professionally with supporters, partners, and the general public.
Please send your resume and a cover letter to [email protected]
In your cover letter, please include
- What draws you to Phoenix Zones Initiative and why you think you’re the right fit
- Your experience relevant to the duties described above
- At least two writing samples
- Three references
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Statement
Phoenix Zones Initiative, as an organization dedicated to promoting rights-based policies and practices, is an equal opportunity employer. Phoenix Zones Initiative recognizes the value of diversity of experience in formulating and furthering rights-based approaches and is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect among teammates and applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or religious creed, age, height and weight, genetic information, medical status, mental or physical disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or partnership status, parental status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), military status, arrest record, or any other characteristic or combination of characteristics that is, or that we believe should be, protected by law. This policy against discrimination and harassment extends to contractors, vendors, and those served by the organization. Phoenix Zones Initiative also has a strict no-retaliation policy and prohibits retaliation against individuals who report violations of the EEO or other policies or who participate in investigations.